Frontier Camp has 50 years of camping success! We were established in 1969 and are licensed as a youth camp by the Texas Department of State Health Services. In addition, Frontier Camp is accredited by the American Camping Association and is a member of the Christian Camping and Conference Association.
Using Christian camping and outdoor recreation as a platform, we exist to assist the local church in fulfilling the Great Commission through the evangelizing of all ages and the discipling of believers toward greater maturity in Christ. Frontier Camp has a twofold ministry. For 10 weeks of the summer, we offer a camping program for youth. Throughout the rest of the year we are a retreat facility for churches and other religious organizations of similar beliefs. In both cases, we want to facilitate exposing people to Christ and encourage their growth toward spiritual maturity through the Word and by reflecting His character in our actions. We offer top quality recreation and exciting programming for our campers, but the most important aspect of camp is the spiritual one based on the inerrant Word of God.
These are the essential beliefs and convictions that Frontier Camp holds absolute and vital in conducting our ministry:
- We adhere to Frontier Camp’s doctrinal statement
- We carry out evangelism and discipleship
- We live by faith in obedience to God’s will
- We purpose to live above reproach in character and morality
- We practice excellence in conducting our ministry for the Lord
- We exercise sound financial stewardship with the resources entrusted to us
- We practice interdependence in ministry