Come one, come all to our annual Fall Staff Retreat! When the weather has dropped by at least a few degrees (hopefully) here in Texas and the world is full of pumpkin-spice everything, we invite new and old staff to join us at camp for a weekend of fellowship and fun. Held the weekend before Thanksgiving each year, this FREE retreat is a chance to re-connect with those fellow laborers from the previous summer, and for potential new staff to get a taste of what staff at FC is all about. There will be wakeboarding, plenty of hang out time, dodgeball showdowns, work project fun, group games, dancing, hammock time, worship, trap shooting, great food, and much more! (Oh, and did we mention the retreat is FREE?!)
This year in particular, we are especially appreciative of your hard work and service in trying circumstances last summer and we would love to reconnect and fellowship with you over this special weekend. So please come and gather together once again out in the East Texas piney woods November 18-20, 2016.
***We know football is almost as important as camp, and we don’t want to force you to choose between the two! Come to the retreat, and The Man Richard Stephens is working on streaming the two highest ranked Texas schools’ games on Saturday the 19th (we’ll let you figure out which two schools those are).***
- The retreat is for anyone who worked Summer 2016 and/or has applied to work Summer 2017 (applications for new staff must be submitted by November 9th).
- Retreat begins Friday the 18th at 6:00 PM in the Quarry with our famous “Dueling Chilis” (red vs. white) meal and concludes by 10:00 AM on Sunday the 20th.
- All attendees must RSVP by Friday November 11th (to order a t-shirt you must RSVP by Wednesday the 9th) and submit a signed waiver (even if you signed one this summer). For minors (under 18) be sure to print the minor version of the waiver and your parent MUST sign the form. You will not be allowed to attend the retreat without a signed waiver! If at all possible, please mail your signed waiver to camp or email to [email protected] before the retreat.
- We are selling special long-sleeve, super-soft FC shirts that are available only to Fall Staff Retreat attendees. The shirts are $15 each. If you order a shirt when RSVP-ing, you are committing to pay for that shirt via cash or check upon your arrival at camp. All shirt orders must be received by Wednesday November 9th.
- Bring camp appropriate clothes and supplies (work clothes are recommended for Saturday morning).
- If you have any questions about the retreat, email Holly Hamlin at [email protected]